Accessibility statement for Aalto Version Control System
Aalto Version Control System was launched on 20.1.2017. The site's current accessibility standard is WCAG 2.1, level AA. The requirements of the Directive have been taken into account in the development of the website, and the work continues. The information in this statement is based on self-assessment and the Gitlab accessibility statement at: https://design.gitlab.com/accessibility/a11y
Aalto University IT Services is committed to observing accessibility standards. The following measures are implemented in order to achieve this goal:
- accessibility is part of our mission statement,
- accessibility has been taken into account in the university practices,
- a member of staff has been appointed to be responsible for accessibility at the university.
Aalto University's IT Services’ objective is to maintain a website that is technically accessible and understandable in terms of its contents and that is clear and easy to use for all types of users.
The Aalto Version Control System largely meets the requirements for accessibility. The website requires further improvements, however, in the following areas:
- Missing alternative texts for non-text content
- Operability with keyboard
- Text contrast
- There are components with non-unique IDs and whose name, role and value can’t be programmatically determined.
- Marking the language for individual parts or components of pages
The details on the issues requiring improvement are listed in the Gitlab Accessibility Conformance Report at: https://design.gitlab.com/accessibility/vpat/
If you notice any deficiencies regarding the accessibility of the site, you can provide feedback to us by:
- sending email to: [email protected]
- filing request at online portal: https://servicedesk.aalto.fi
- calling: +358 50 513 2000 (Mon-Thu 8-17, Fri 8-15:45)
We will respond to your feedback within two weeks, at the latest.
We are actively working to address the accessibility issues that have been identified.
If you encounter any problems with accessibility on the website, first send your feedback to us, the website administrator. We will respond to your feedback within 14 days.
If you are not satisfied with the response you have received from us, or if our response does not arrive within 14 days, you may file a complaint with the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.
Contact details of the supervisory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility monitoring unit
Phone (switchboard): +358 (0)295 016 000
Release and update information
This accessibility statement was released on 30 August 2021 and last updated on 23 January 2023.