Aalto's Electronic Laboratory Notebook - Aalto Notebook
Aalto Electronic Laboratory Notebook (notebook.aalto.fi) is a web-based service solution that in its most basic form replicates a paper laboratory notebook. At the same time, ELN offers several advantages over traditional paper notebooks; it facilitates better data management practices, a more sustainable knowledge base, and relatively seamless collaboration between researchers.
System Requirements to use Aalto Notebook
- Internet-connected device (laptop, mobile phone, tablet, etc.)
- Web browser (Firefox/Chrome/Edge/Safari depending on your OS)
Aalto Notebook is Useful for:
- Recording experiment methods, results, notes
- Sharing with internal and external collaborators
- Connecting with experimental hardware via an API
- Autosave data
- Automated backups
- Drag and drop functionality for images
- Share with colleagues
- Exportable data (individual or bulk experiments)
- Timestamping (for IPR)
- Follow experiments step-by-step
- Tag experiments
- Multiple languages
How do I get started?
Go to https://notebook.aalto.fi and log in!
- Check out the Users guide to the left to see details on creating and sharing your experiments.
- Tell your colleagues to start using Aalto Notebook as well!
In case you need support in using Aalto notebook or have any question regarding notebook.aalto.fi, do not hesitate to contact us at:
This service is provided by:
Did you find what you were looking for? If not, please contact us.