Master's Programme in Management and International Business
Programme main page
Master's Programme in Management and International Business (MIB) is organized by the School of Business.
The year 2021-2022 was the last intake in the Master’s admissions for the MIB programme in its current form.
What does this mean to current students in the MIB programme?
Students currently in the MIB programme have two options:
- To complete the MIB programme in its current form. Graduating from the MIB programme is possible until July 31, 2024. Please note that you will need to graduate at the latest in July 2024 - no exceptions can be made. This means that you need to both apply for graduation at the latest on 31 July 2024 and submit the thesis at the latest on 31 July 2024.
Note also that the courses have changed starting from autumn 2022. See Programme studies 2022-2024 for more information on the course changes.
- To transfer to one of the new programmes directly if you prefer them over the MIB programme. If you transfer to another programme, you need to complete your degree according to the requirements of the new programme. This means that you might need to complete extra courses in addition to MIB courses. You can transfer to:
What does this mean to current students in the BSc programmes planning to continue in MIB?
It is not possible for the graduating Bachelor students to continue their studies in the MIB programme anymore. We recommend that you consider the two new programmes, People Management and Organizational Development and Strategic Management in a Changing World.
- Create a new study plan in Sisu for the programme you would like to transfer to. (Sisu will say that you don't have a valid study right but do not worry about this.) If you have already completed some MIB courses, don't forget to check the course equivalences of the courses in the new programmes.
- Send an email to Kati Halminen ([email protected]) indicating to which programme you want to transfer.
There is no deadline for applications.
Please note that many of the core courses are the same or equivalent in the current MIB Programme and the two new programmes. For most students, graduating from the MIB programme is the preferable option.
At the heart of the programme is a practically grounded and research-based understanding of management and international business. The MIB Programme gives you current management and leadership skills combined with a holistic understanding of business that enable you to tackle the challenges posed by the rapidly changing digitalized environment. We offer you an international and interactive study environment where you can develop yourself into a highly capable professional with widely applicable knowledge. In our challenge-based courses, we work closely with diverse organizations and business people offering you the latest insights as well as live cases to solve.
The Master’s Programme in Management and International Business is a flexible programme that gives you the opportunity to create a unique professional profile based on your interests. You can tailor your own course portfolio or select from the suggested specialization paths:
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Organizational Communication
- Strategy Work
- Sustainability Management
In addition to the specialization options in the MIB Master’s programme, the multi-disciplinarity of Aalto University allows you to add to your unique professional profile by choosing an interesting minor among the various subjects in Aalto University, or abroad.
As a graduate of the Master’s Programme in MIB, you will have broad career prospects in the culturally diverse and competitive global labour market. Our graduates often take up entry-level positions in consultancy, human resources, and management and communications, and choose inspiring paths to top positions, such as director, country manager, project leader or entrepreneur. Hybrid careers are becoming increasingly common and the programme encourages dynamic career choices.