ECOL - European Common Online Learning
Members of ECOL network
In addition to Aalto University School of Business, the following universities are members:
- Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien, Austria
- Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Universita Commerciale Luigi Bocconi, Italy
- Rotterdam School of Management, the Netherlands
- ESADE Business School, Spain
- University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
Course offer and credit transfer
The offered courses are bachelor-level courses. Master-level students are also welcome to apply. You can find the course offer from the PDF file below.
ECOL courses can be transferred to Aalto degree as elective studies. After completing the course, students are advised to apply for credit transfer according to the Aalto University policy on credit transfer.
Application period is organized twice a year: in November for the courses offered in the spring term and in May for the courses offered in the autumn term. You will find the application form on the application portal during the application period.
Students can apply to up to ten courses in order of preference. The places will be allocated with first come first served bases. Each student can be selected to one ECOL course per term.
To be elible to participate, the student should have a good academic standing (GPA 3 or above).
The application period for spring 2024 courses was organised 10 - 24 November. The application period for the autumn 2024 courses will be organised in May 2024.
Benefits of online learning and ECOL courses
- Sustainable way of getting international exposure
- Flexibility, can login from anywhere
- Learning how other countries approach specific topics
- Exposure to new ideas from academics in other countries expands your own perspectives
- Prepares you to new ways of working in the corporate world by learning to use diverse range of technologies
- Enhances your creativity and gives you new innovative ideas
If you have any questions regarding ECOL courses or the application, you can always contact [email protected].