CEO Tapani Järvinen’s Environmental Technology Fund has distributed the awards
The 2021 grant has been awarded to Principal Scientist Tiina Pajula and Senior Scientist Saija Vatanen at VTT. The award is given for the development, utilization and communication of the Environmental Handprint methodology
The fund has consisted of a capital of 75 000 euros donated by Outotec Corporation, a 25 000 euros donation from Tapani Järvinen and a final capital of 1 975,64 euros from the Outokumpu Corporation Foundation. The grant distributed this year is the last instalment of the fund.
The purpose of the fund is to promote research in environmental technologies. Each year, the Fund has awarded a grant of between €5,000 and €10,000 to an outstanding environmental technology expert for research and development work.
The grant is awarded by the Dean of the School of Chemical Engineering on the basis of a proposal from the Grants Committee.
• 2021: Principal Scientist Tiina Pajula and Senior Scientist Saija Vatanen, VTT
• 2020: Professor Ulla Lassi, University of Oulu
• 2019: Professor Mari Lundström, Aalto University
• 2018: Professor Tuula Tuhkanen, University of Jyväskylä
• 2017: Professor Markku Ollikainen (University of Helsinki)
• 2016: Professor Rauno Sairinen (University of Eastern Finland)
• 2015: Professor Jyri Seppälä (Finnish Environment Institute, Centre for Sustainable Production and Consumption)
• 2014: Vice-Rector, Professor Jaakko Puhakka (Tampere University of Technology)
• 2013: Professor Riitta Keiski (University of Oulu)
• 2012: Professor Mika Sillanpää (Lappeenranta University of Technology)
• 2011: Professor Ville Alopaeus (Aalto University)
Read Tapani Järvinen’s interview: Only by hard work is it possible to remain in the vanguard of environmental technology