Call for doctoral student tutors, January 2024
Register to be a tutor: webropol.com/ep/doctoraltutorJan2024 (registration open until 8 January 2024)
As a tutor, you are assigned a group of doctoral students that you meet and greet in person at campus. Your role is to welcome the new doctoral students to the Aalto community, help them to get to know the everyday life in Aalto and familiarise them with the most important services on campus.
Usually tutors work in pairs, as long as enough people sign-up. Tutor groups are mixed, meaning that each groups has students from different Schools.
Tutors are welcome to participate in the whole orientation programme, but are expected to participate at minimum as follows:
- 11.1.24 10:15-11:00 Tutor training (campus / online) Note: If you have been a doctoral tutor before, training is not mandatory, but recommended.
- Mon 15.1.24 10:50 Introducing the tutors, Jeti, A Grid, Otakaari 5
- Mon 15.1.24 11:00-12:30 Meeting your tutor group over lunch (tutors' lunch will be compensated)
- Tue 16.1.24 12:00-13:00 Meeting your tutor group over lunch (tutors' lunch will be compensated)
- Mon 15.1.24 Aallonhuiput's evening event for new doctoral students, attending with your group
- Being in contact with your tutor group also after the Orientation Days
We value the time and effort our tutors are willing to put in to make the beginning of doctoral studies and research more pleasant and less confusing for new doctoral students.
Aalto Doctoral Orientation Days
Key information for the first year of doctoral studies - and later!