Apply to Grenoble International Smart Engineering Summer School
GINSEN Summer School invites Aalto students to apply. Students can design their summer program by getting:
The "GINSEN Pack"
- 3 weeks of scientific lectures, French and Interculturality classes, lab sessions and visits to high-tech R&D facilities
- June 19th to July 7th, 2023
- 3 ECTS credits
And adding the "Project Pack"
- for an even more hands-on experience, 1 extra (optional) week of a group project of their choice related to their program
- July 8th to July 13th, 2022
As well as social program with daily excursions, escape games and loads more!
The nanotechnology program specializes in nano functional materials and microsystems and is tailored for students in Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Applied Physics, Telecommunication, Material Science, Electrical Engineering (preferably at 3rd year of bachelor's or 1st year master’s level). Students will get to have 2 full days of training in a research-grade clean room, where they will microfabricate their own solar cells.
The smart energy program capitalizes on Grenoble's expertise on energy and sustainable development and is tailored at students from IT or Energy (preferably at 2nd or 3rd year of bachelor's or 1st year master’s level). Students will learn about societal challenges by taking courses in energy, machine learning, urban modelling, smart-grids as well as attending various lab sessions.
• Apply latest 31 March, 2023
• Program dates: June 19th - July 7th, 2023
Or June 19th - July 13th, 2023
- Program description: scientific lectures, lab sessions and visits to high-tech R&D facilities, as well as Management, French Language and Interculturality classes.
- Teaching method: in-person.
- Attribution of credits: 3 ECTS for 3 first weeks of the program (Ginsen pack).
- Extracurricular activities: daily excursions, boardgame nights, nights out with the international student’s association, escape games, etc.
|Ginsen Pack||Project Pack|
|3 000 €||300 € for extra week|
30% discount for the first 15 students from Unite! universities (including Aalto).
Please check with the exchange coordinator at your school if there would be a possibility to get a summer school grant.
• All lectures and practical sessions
• Accommodation in Grenoble, 1 private room per student
• Visits to high-tech scientific facilities
• Planned extracurricular activities
• Administrative registration fees
• Medical insurance (covering medical expenses and bills for the entire duration of the summer program)
• Civil liability
Scientific partnerships and collaborations
Grenoble INP - Phelma, UGA // Grenoble INP - Ense3, UGA // Grenoble INP - Ensimag, UGA // CEA - French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission // Minatec - Micro and Nanotechnology innovation campus // European Synchrotron Radiation Facility // CUEF - University Centre for French Studies