Access control practices are changing - read the instructions on how to proceed
The campus access control will change from December 2020, the exact time will be announced later. The changes effects staff, students and others who co-operate in campus properties.
These things in access control will change during December 2020:
• The registration and management of access tokens for new employees, new students and new long-term Aalto visitors (visit lasting more than 1 month) will be transferred to the idm.aalto.fi self-service portal.
• All (both old and new) employees and students will apply for wider access rights (special facilities) on their own in the idm.aalto.fi portal.
• If your tag is lost or forgotten, proceed as follows lost or forgotten access.
• For Aalto University tenants, the registration and management of access codes take place in ACRE Extranet (extarnet.aaltocre.fi).
• Coworking customers implement a mobile tag on their mobile devices.
Existing staff and long-term visitors will automatically have access to the “common” and “staff common” areas on all campus buildings, these will take effect after the corona pandemic restrictions are over. You can move around lobbies, hallways and workspaces according to pre-defined specifications without you having to do anything. Students will automatically continue to have access to “common” access areas, ie areas intended for students new access zones.
If you find that your access rights are not in order, in the future the changes will be made independently on the self-service portal at idm.aalto.fi. There are a few exceptions to this, for example, for those premises to which an occupational safety course must be taken.
These are currently in operation and operational
• automatic addition of access to Aalto ARTS workshops and equipment after the approved completion of the MyCourses online orientation course, and
• automatic addition of access to Aalto CHEM's premises after the approved completion of the OpenLearning or MyCourses online orientation course.
You can find more information about the access control reform project, new ways of working in different situations, access areas and other important topics here: aalto.fi/access
Pieces of training of the access control reform project for key stakeholders will be held on November 16-27. between. Invitations have been sent to everyone involved in the training (lobby services, security guards, key managers, tenants, IT service point).
If you have any questions, please contact: