Aalto University School of Business confers ten new honorary doctors
The School of Business will confer ten new honorary doctors at the Ceremonial Conferment of Master’s and Doctoral Degrees that will be organized in May 2022. The new honorary doctors are commendable experts within business and economics from Finland and abroad.
Honorary Doctorates of the School of Business will be awarded to:
- Renée B. Adams, Professor of Finance, Saïd Business School, University of Oxford
- Elina Björklund, CEO, Reima
- Salvador Carmona, Rector and Professor of Accounting and Management Control, IE University
- Taavi Heikkilä, Former Chairman and CEO, SOK
- Petteri Karttunen, Chairman, Saastamoinen Foundation
- Brian Kwon, President & CEO, LG Electronics
- Pekka Laaksonen, Hamburg Ambassador in Finland
- John A. List, The Kenneth C. Griffin Distinguished Service Professor in Economics, University of Chicago
- Michael D. Myers, Professor of Information Systems, University of Auckland Business School
- Linda Putnam, Distinguished Research Professor and Emerita, University of California, Santa Barbara
Graduates and doctors who have earned their degrees after the ceremonial conferment in 2016 will be conferred at the Ceremonial Conferment of Master’s and Doctoral Degrees of the School of Business. In addition, jubilee masters and doctors from 1971 and the new honorary doctors will be conferred at the ceremonial conferment that will be arranged in May 2022 instead of May 2021 due to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
The ceremonial conferment has a long tradition at the School of Business as the first ceremonial conferment of degrees in economics was organised in 1946.
Read more about the new honorary doctors: https://www.aalto.fi/en/school-of-business/honorary-doctors
Conferrer Matti Keloharju
+358 40 353 8043
Conferment Coordinator Anni Enkkelä
+358 50 590 5620