|Mon - Thu:||7:45–20:00|
|Sat - Sun:||Closed|
About the building
The building completed in 2003 has five auditoriums, laboratories, a library and a restaurant. Maarintie 8 uses district heating and solar power as energy sources. The roof has a 122,4 kW solar power plant with a calculated annual production of 100 MWh.
Designed by Arkkitehtitoimisto HKP Oy.
In the building:
- School of Science Department of Industrial Engineering and Management
- Some School of Science Department of Computer Science activities
- Some School of Electrical Engineering Department of Electronics and Nanoengineering activities
- Some School of Electrical Engineering Department of Electrical Engineering and Automation activities
- Some School of Electrical Engineering Department of Information and Communications Engineering activities
- AScI Aalto Science Institute
- AVP Aalto Ventures Program
- Student restaurant TUAS
Aalto University Campus & Real Estate (ACRE) maintains, develops and rents out Aalto University facilities in Otaniemi and Töölö. We also build new concepts and shared facilities for parties outside the university, thus turning Otaniemi into a unique partnership centre and the most inspiring campus in the world.