Health Technology House
|Mon - Thu:||7:45–20:00|
|Sat - Sun:||Closed|
- 6.12.2019: Closed
- 24. – 26.12.2019: Closed
The Health Technology House (HTH), located on Aalto University’s main campus in Otaniemi, unites research groups whose work revolves around electrical devices, neuroscience, or related signal processing. The House contains most of the faculty of the Biomedical Engineering and Neuroscience and -technology subareas of Aalto’s Health & Wellbeing research community. Examples of research focus areas are medical imaging equipment, neurological therapy devices, rehabilitation technologies, and neurosciences. Faculty and staff in the House produce research with high scientific quality, and there is high productivity in innovation as well. More broadly, Aalto Health Platform, uniting the university’s Health & Wellbeing professors and research groups for increased collaboration, is managed from the House.
Health Technology House is the current home for the following units and activities:
- Department of Neuroscience and Biomedical Engineering (School of Science)
- Research groups of School of Electrical Engineering
- Research groups of School of Chemical Engineering
- Biodesign Finland (office in Otaniemi)
- Aalto Brain Centre
- Aalto NeuroImaging (office)
- Aalto Health Platform (office)
- Health Capital Helsinki (office in Otaniemi)
- Aalto Health Factory
- Student restaurant Kvarkki (run by Sodexo)
- VTT (Otakaari 3 facility)
- Health powered by A Grid coworking space focused on health and wellness
- Learning and teaching activities in biomedical engineering and neuroscience and -technology
- Information desk and Lobby services at Otakaari 3 A
- Financial Shared Service Center (Pave)
Limited guest parking is available on the northern side of Health Technology House. To be able to use the parking area at Rakentajanaukio, which is on the western side of the House, please contact your faculty host to obtain a parking permit.
Please note that if your meeting address is given as Rakentajanaukio 2, you need to enter the building from its Rakentajanaukio (western) side. The Otakaari 3 entrance is on the northern side.