Design a Meaningful Career
Form of learning:
In this course, we will look at how you can creatively shape your career as you go into the radically changing world of work. We will focus on meaningful work as a core element of career sustainability and explore ways to design a value-driven path. After completing the course, you will understand how the changing context influences your career agency, how to use narrative to clarify your career identity, how to pursue meaningfulness and how to use radical creativity and design thinking to navigate the uncertain future of work. The course is an open online course. The course material is divided into five (5) chapters.
- Registration for the course at https://futureofwork.fi/courses/design-a-meaningful-career/
- Get acquainted with the course contents. The course consists of five chapters, each divided into several sections. The course content is available both in text and audio format and are supported with videos by Aalto University alumni who share their career experiences.
- After each section, there is either a multiple-choice quiz or self-reflection assignment.
- In order to successfully complete the course, you will need to pass all assignments.
- After completing the course, you can download an official Aalto University course Certificate on the Future of Work platform.
What you will learn
- To understand the nature of radically changing career dynamics and the core skills for creating a sustainable career in the future of work
- To recognise the role of narrative in increasing self-awareness, creating meaning, and adapting to changes
- To understand the nature, benefits, and challenges of meaningful work and how to pursue meaningfulness in your career
- To understand the importance of creativity in career design and how to use intuition and design thinking to support career decision-making and adaptability
For life-wide learners: Register here to create an account. After logging in, click on Design a Meaningful Career, and press ‘Take this Course’ on the left. After successfully completing the course you can download an official Aalto University course Certificate with a unique verification code.
For Aalto University degree students: In order to receive 2 ECTS and a course Certificate, first enrol on the course Design a Meaningful Career MNGT-C1012 on Sisu. If you only want to have the Certificate without ECTS, don’t enrol on Sisu. Then, register here to create an account using your Aalto email. After logging in, click on Design a Meaningful Career, and press ‘Take this Course’ on the left.
After successfully completing the course you can download an official Aalto University course Certificate with a unique verification code on the Future of Work platform. You can share your course certificates in the Certifications section of your LinkedIn profile, on printed resumes, CVs, or other documents.
The course must be completed within 6 months of registration for the course. Please note that this course is a self-directed open online course.
Student support answers all the questions regarding the course at [email protected].