Language and communication studies for Aalto students in other universities
Aalto students can take language and communication courses offered through collaboration between Aalto University, Haaga-Helia, Laurea, Metropolia, Xamk and Hanken School of Economics (contact: [email protected]).
Such courses are available in the following subjects: Communication (for native Finnish speakers), Finnish as a foreign language, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Swedish, and Russian.
For details on the course selection and registration instructions for courses at Haaga-Helia, Laurea and Metropolia here: Aalto University language courses Spring 2024 - 3AMK opintotarjonta
For details on the course selection and registration instructions for courses at Xamk: Xamk courses for Aalto students Spring 2024
The language courses taken at a partner university may be included in your Aalto degree as elective studies through a credit transfer procedure.
KiVANET Online Language Courses
KiVAKO is a joint project of 24 Finnish universities, with funding from the Ministry of Education and Culture.
Students from the schools participating in the project can sign up for web-based language studies.
- Read more about the courses in DigiCampus as a guest.
- Level 1 courses start from the basics. Levels above 1 require previous studies or skills sufficient for studies at the CEFR level mentioned. Before signing up, please read about web-based language learning and course selection here.
- The starting page of each course includes a short course description and a link to the sign-up form.
- Each project university has a confirmed place for each course. Course places will be drawn among those who sign up. Therefore, sign-up order is not decisive. Places possibly left over will also be drawn.
- Questions relating to sign-up will be answered by email: [email protected].
KiViTa, or collaboration in language and communication teaching in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area, offers courses in languages and communication, which can be taken by anyone studying or working at the higher education institutions of the region.
- The diverse course offerings focus particularly on Finnish and Swedish, multilingual science and professional communication, as well as less frequently taught languages.
- Read more about the courses and registration in kivita.fi
- The courses are primarily organised flexibly as remote and web-based studies.
- Questions relating to sign-up will be answered by email [email protected]