Language and communication studies for Aalto students in other universities
Aalto students can take language and communication courses offered through collaboration between Aalto University, Haaga-Helia, Laurea, Metropolia, Xamk and Hanken School of Economics (contact: [email protected]).
Such courses are available in the following subjects: Communication (for native Finnish speakers), Finnish as a foreign language, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Swedish, and Russian.
For details on the course selection and registration instructions for courses at Haaga-Helia, Laurea and Metropolia here: Aalto University language courses Spring 2023 - 3AMK opintotarjonta
For details on the course selection and registration instructions for courses at Xamk: Xamk courses for Aalto students Spring 2023
The language courses taken at a partner university may be included in your Aalto degree as elective studies through a credit transfer procedure. The registration of the study results is done by the Language Centre. You can send the information about your study results to languagecentre[a]aalto.fi.
KiVANET Online Language Courses
KiVAKO is a joint project of 24 Finnish universities, with funding from the Ministry of Education and Culture.
Students from the schools participating in the project can sign up for web-based language studies.
- Read more about the courses in DigiCampus as a guest.
- Level 1 courses start from the basics. Levels above 1 require previous studies or skills sufficient for studies at the CEFR level mentioned. Before signing up, please read about web-based language learning and course selection here.
- The starting page of each course includes a short course description and a link to the sign-up form.
- Each project university has a confirmed place for each course. Course places will be drawn among those who sign up. Therefore, sign-up order is not decisive. Places possibly left over will also be drawn.
- Questions relating to sign-up will be answered by email: [email protected].