International students

Health care for students

There are different health care services available for students in Finland. The services depend on whether you are a degree student, a double degree student or an exchange student, and where you come from (EU/EEA citizen or non-EU/non-EEA citizen).

Loading table of contents

Degree and double degree students

University students pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Finland are provided basic health care services by the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS). In case of sudden illness requiring urgent treatment, you can also turn to the health centre in your municipality or a private health clinic.

Exchange students

Exchange students do not have access to the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS). The health care services that are available are described below. 

Practicalities related to health care in Finland

Tips and information on how health care services work in Finland.

International students

Feedback about the page

  • Published:
  • Updated: