Researchers at the Department of Economics are active participants in the international academic community and they also engage in societal debates.
The most important research fields are:
- Microeconomic Theory
- Empirical Microeconomics (including labor economics and policy evaluation)
- Economics of Competition and Innovation
- Environmental and Resource Economics
Researchers at the department are active participants in the international academic community and they also engage in societal debates. The departmental platform for collaboration with the society, Aalto Economic Institute, makes the expertise of individual researchers more accessible to the society at large.
Examples of current research projects at the department
- Incentives and Efficiency When Participation is Costly
- Entry and Exit in Energy Markets
- Dynamic Incentive Theory
- Allocation of talent
- What Makes an Innovator?
- Economics of Gender