Professor José R. Herrero from Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya - BarcelonaTech will give a guest talk at the Department of Computer Science.
Large-scale Computing and Data Analysis
The area focuses on novel methods, techniques, algorithms, and tools both for computing with large-scale distributed/parallel systems, and for big data analysis and management. Another focus is on identifying, optimizing, engineering, and verifying computationally challenging parts of software systems, dealing with huge amounts of data and computing resources, used in various application domains.
- Programming models, tools and runtime systems for large-scale computing
- Data intensive computing
- High performance/extreme-scale computing/quantum computing
- Performance, reliability, and elasticity for large-scale systems
- Big data platforms and management
- Large-scale data analysis and visualization
- Data science and machine learning in large-scale systems
- Computational models/algorithms for astrophysics, biophysics, dynamical systems, space plasmas, fusion plasmas, geoscience/earth observation
Heli Julkunen developed a machine learning method that predicts how different drug combinations kill cancer cells, and now she helps advance preventive healthcare as a data scientist
By combining modern data analysis techniques with stellar structure modelling for main-sequence and giant stars, researchers shed new light on stellar dynamos
As a child, Maarit Korpi-Lagg was interested in the stars and coding, and now she researches the activity of the sun, which could not be done without computer science
Related research groups
The group develops and utilises high-performance computing tools for simulating and analysing data from complex (astro)physical systems, such as turbulent fluids, the Sun, interstellar matter in galaxies.
Collaborative institute for research on information technology.
International research hub of AI