Strategy 2016–2020: Shaping the future
When founded in 2010, Aalto University was given a national mission to strengthen the innovative capacity of Finland through first-class research, art and education. We are committed to building a sustainable society driven by innovation and entrepreneurship.
We offer solutions to the most pressing societal challenges by combining cutting-edge science with design expertise and business thinking. We are building a competitive edge by combining knowledge from different disciplines and through long-term partnerships with the best universities, the industry and the business world.
The three elements of our strategy are research and innovation, art and creative practices, and education. Our implementation of these core elements involves an uncompromising quest for quality, multidisciplinary collaboration, creation of an entrepreneurial culture, and the production of tangible added value for society.
Shaping the future: Science and art together with technology and business
We are building competitive edge by combining knowledge from different disciplines to identify and solve complex challenges, and to educate future visionaries and experts.
An innovative society
Breakthrough discoveries deeply integrated with design and business thinking enable systemic solutions and accelerate innovation.
- Passion for exploration
- Courage to influence and excel
- Freedom to be creative and critical
- Responsibility to accept, care and inspire
- Integrity, openness and equality
- Research and innovation: Research excellence for academic and societal impact
- Art and creative practices: Renewing society by art, creativity and design
- Education: Educating game changers
- Campus: Transforming our campus into a unique collaboration hub
- Enablers of our academic mission: Excellence in advancing and supporting our core goals
Join us creating the future - strategy preparation
How does the upcoming decade look like in research and education? What choices should Aalto make to prosper?
During 2018, Aalto University look towards the future in the preparatory phase for our living strategy. The current strategy will continue until 2020. During 2019, we will create our new strategy together.