On this page you will find the most important and up-to-date guidelines related to the coronavirus situation. Supplementary information can be found from the page Internal instructions related to coronavirus (requires log-in). Further instructions and relevant links are at the bottom of this page.
Students, faculty and staff may get their first or second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine on Wednesday, 20 October between 10 and 15 at the Undergraduate Centre, Y115.
Facilities and safety
According to the latest recommendation of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), face masks may now be used at the user’s own discretion. To ensure health security, we recommend that face masks should in particular be used in spaces and situations where a lot of people are present or where close contact cannot be avoided, or if you have not been vaccinated against Covid-19. Any common rules and best practices on the use of face masks will be discussed in more detail, if necessary, as we more extensively transition to hybrid work.
- Remember to maintain good hand hygiene, avoid close contacts and not to come to campus if you are ill.
- We hope that as many members of the Aalto community as possible will protect themselves and others by taking the vaccine. Covid-19 vaccines effectively prevent severe forms of the disease and curb the spread of the virus.
- We have begun the transition to hybrid working. Read more.
- Book a workspace in advance through the Aalto Space app
- Aalto personnel are required to have their Aalto ID card visible at all times.
Studying and teaching
- Teaching this autumn is planned to be implemented in a hybrid form.
- Until the end of Period I, teaching will continue according to the existing timetable plans.
- In Period II, teaching will follow the planned timetable and spaces can be used to full capacity. More detailed information on teaching in Period II will be published in the next few days.
- A lot of spaces that are suitable for self-study are available on campus. Self-study spaces for different purposes can be found and booked on the Aalto Space app. Students’ access rights will be restored as of 1 October. Further information on Into.
- Face masks may be used at the user’s own discretion. We recommend that face masks should in particular be used in spaces and situations where a lot of people are present or where close contact cannot be avoided, or if you have not been vaccinated against Covid-19.
- The use of teaching space must be arranged so that participants in the teaching session can effectively avoid having close contact with the other participants.
- Foot traffic congestion should be avoided.
- Up-to-date coronavirus guidelines for students can be found here
Events and visitors
THL.fi: Coronavirus COVID-19 - latest updates
YHTS.fi: Current information concerning the coronavirusTerveystalo website
UM.fi: Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Travel advisories (in Finnish)
UM.fi Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Info on coronavirusWHO.org: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak