Doctoral programmes of Aalto prepare to become highly qualified researchers and experts in most demanding positions. Doctoral education is carried out in a unique multidisciplinary international scientific community.
Doctoral Education Working Group (DEWG)
The President has appointed the Aalto University Doctoral Education Working Group, which develops the university’s doctoral education, discusses the mutual issues on doctoral education and prepares the university guidelines.
The composition of the working group
- Petri Suomala (chair), Vice President for Education
- Ossi Naukkarinen, Vice President for Research
- Eija Zitting, Director of Learning Services
- Minna Söderqvist (secretary), Service Manager, Doctoral Education
- Tiina Kotti, Planning officer, Doctoral Education
- Aalto ARTS: Doctoral Programme Director Turkka Keinonen, Planning Officer Päivi Väätänen
- Aalto BIZ: Doctoral Programme Director Johanna Moisander, Planning Officer Hanne Lehtinen
- Aalto CHEM: Doctoral Programme Director Markus Linder, Planning Officer Sirje Liukko
- Aalto ELEC: Doctoral Programme Director Ari Sihvola, Planning Officer Emma Holmlund
- Aalto ENG: Doctoral Programme Director Risto Lahdelma, Planning Officer Ritva Viero
- Aalto SCI: Doctoral Programme Director Adam Foster, Planning Officer Jaakko Autio
- Doctoral students: Karolina Prawda, Tejas Kotha