Six schools of Aalto University
The School of Engineering teaches and researches fields that encompass all aspects of our built-up environment. Global warming, energy conservation and sustainable use of natural resources are the focus areas of both research and teaching.
The School of Business is Finland's leading business school and one of the top business schools in Europe. The Aalto University School of Business was the first business school in the Nordic countries to receive the most important international quality accreditations of the field: AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS. This makes it one of the best business schools in the world.
- Department of Management Studies
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Finance
- Department of Economics
- Department of Information and Service Management
- Aalto University Executive Education (Aalto EE)
- Center for Markets in Transition (CEMAT)
- Center for Knowledge and Innovation Research (CKIR)
- Mikkeli Campus (Bachelor’s Program in International Business)
Important areas of research conducted at the School of Chemical Engineering include environmentally friendly and energy-efficient processes, diverse utilisation of wood and other biomaterials, new materials and their application, new motor fuels, shaping of micro-organisms and enzymes, and new drugs and biomaterials.
The School of Science performs world-class fundamental research and develops scientific and technical applications based on its results. Especially the fields of computation and modelling, materials research as well as ICT and media account for a large part of the research conducted at the school.
- Department of Mathematics and Systems Analysis
- Department of Neuroscience and Biomedical Engineering
- Department of Applied Physics
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Industrial Engineering and Management
- Helsinki Institute for Information Technology (HIIT) (with the University of Helsinki)
- EIT Digital
At the School of Electrical Engineering electrical engineering, the natural sciences and information technology intertwine to form smart systems and innovations that save energy and increase well-being. Our research is applied in mobile telephones, electricity networks and in satellites.
- Department of Electronics and Nanoengineering
- Department of Signal Processing and Acoustics
- Department of Electrical Engineering and Automation
- Department of Communications and Networking
The School of Arts, Design and Architecture began operating on 1 January 2012 when the School of Art and Design and the Department of Architecture at the School of Engineering merged together.
The school is the largest of its kind in the Nordic countries, and one of the most prestigious ones in the whole world. The areas of research in the field of arts and design include design, digital media, audio-visual representation, art education and visual culture. The viewpoint of usefulness forms the foundation of artistic activity.
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Film, Television and Scenography
- Department of Media
- Department of Design
- Department of Art