Progression to degree studies
Please note that the progression conditions are tentative and subject to change until each university has made its academic decision concerning admissions criteria for 2024. These decisions will be made in May-June 2023, depending on the university. At the same time, each university decides on the quota reserved for students applying with their pathway results. These decisions will define the number of students accepted to the pathway programme.
To progress to degree studies in 2024, the pathway students need to:
- Apply in a separate admission for pathway students in May 2024 (in the science & technology route, students need to apply to all progression options to secure a study place)
- Pass all the pathway courses
- Meet the threshold condition set by the university (a minimum GPA of specific pathway courses)
- Submit an English language certificate by the end of the separate admission (IELTS 6.0 level)
- Submit a certificate demonstrating eligibility for Bachelor's degree studies
The threshold conditions and the list of accepted language certificates will be decided with the admissions criteria and published later in spring 2023.
Students who meet the above conditions will be offered a place in one of the progression programmes. In the science & technology route, the offered place may be in another programme than the one the student has prioritised. The placing of the students depends on the students’ prioritisation and study results.
The science & technology route progression programmes
Science and Engineering, Tampere University (Bachelor’s and Master’s degree 3+2 years)
- Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Computing and Electrical Engineering
Digitalisation, Computing and Electronics, University of Oulu (Bachelor’s and Master’s degree 3+2 years)
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information Processing Science
The economics route progression programme
Economics, Aalto University (Bachelor’s and Master’s degree 3+2 years)