Phase 1 - Evaluation based on online application
Fill out the online application form within the application period (next application period: Nov 15 - Dec 17, 2021 (12:00 noon, GMT +2)).
Required attachements (4), all to be uploaded in electronic format
1. Transcript of records
Your transcript should include both Bachelor's and Master's degree level courses to-date. The transcript must show that you have completed the minimum requirement of 60 ECTS business related studies. Applicants must demonstrate good academic performance.
If your Bachelor's degree is in a field other than Business, please highlight all the courses you would propose to be counted. Course descriptions should be included in cases where the course title does not tell enough about the content. If you continue your business studies in spring 2022, please include your study plan to show that you will have completed 60 ECTS of business studies by August 1, 2022.
2. Proof of proficiency in English (and possibly in language 2)
Acceptable proof of proficiency for English (if not mother tongue):
1) Bachelor’s or Master’s level university degree completed entirely in English,
- at an institution physically located in: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand, while residing in that country; or
- in a CEMS /Equis / AACSB accredited institution in an EU/EEA country, Switzerland, or South Africa, while residing in that country (e.g. Aalto University School of Business Mikkeli BScBA programme);
Note: The official language of such degree must have been English, and this must be clearly stated on the degree certificate.
2) One of the following language tests (minimum score):
- IELTS (Academic)/IELTS Indicator (7.0)
- TOEFL (iBT100)
- CAE (B),
- CPE (C),
- BEC Higher B;
Due to the current situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following online tests are accepted: TOEFL iBT Home Edition (minimum score 100, with a score of at least 20 in each section), IELTS Indicator (minimum band score 7.0), TOEFL ITP® Plus for China Solution (see cems.org).
- Documentation of mother tongue will be collected upon acceptance to the programme
- If your only mother tongue is English, you must submit proof of proficiency at B1 CEFR-level in a language other than English. Please contact [email protected] for details.
3. Motivation video
Max 2-minute video in English on the topic: 'How will CEMS MIM help me towards my professional goals?', further divided into two questions:
- Why am I applying to this programme?
- Why should I be selected to study in the programme, and to become a member of the CEMS community?
4. CV in English
The comprehensive CV evaluation takes into account relevant education, work experience and extracurricular activities, as well as international orientation as demonstrated by e.g. work, studies or extracurricular activities abroad, participation in various international or inter-cultural activities in home country, and knowledge and interest in learning foreign languages.