Users.aalto.fi is a personal website space for Aalto University students and staff.
users.aalto.fi is a simple, traditional WWW-service, a tool for one specific job, serving static content. Aalto provides a wide array of other more refined services for online publishing for users and workgroups: Aalto Wiki, Aalto People, Blogs.
- 5 GB of personal space, which is visible to the world via a WWW-server
- The server supports only static content (HTML pages, images, etc.) - No PHP, etc.
- Personal URL: https://users.aalto.fi/username
- From that address, the file index.html is shown, if it exists
- Obey laws and Aalto policies, respect immaterial rights, use common sense and at least moderately good taste
- Distributing clearly political and/or religious material is denied
- Do not provide service for a third party (no associations' home pages, thank you)
- Aalto may restrict the use of the service without prior warning, for content-related and/or technical reasons
- Custom aliases will not be provided
SSH, SFTP, Aalto Linux/Unix desktop workstation
- Any Aalto Linux server or desktop workstation with shared home directories: kosh.org.aalto.fi, lyta, brute, force, taltta, etc.
- Follow the symbolic link public_html in your home directory
Opening the webhome-folder
- Works only in an Aalto workstation network or via an Aalto VPN connection
- For Aalto Linux laptops (local home directories), Mac instructions below also apply for the Nautilus file manager
Finder -> Go -> Connect to Server (cmd+K)
Enter server address: smb://webhome.org.aalto.fi and click Connect
Windows Explorer -> This PC -> Computer -> Map Network drive -> Folder: \\webhome.org.aalto.fi\username select Connect using different credentials click Finish -> username:AALTO\username