Overview of profiles in ACRIS
All members of staff in academic and research related posts will automatically have ACRIS accounts set up for them.
ACRIS accounts may be requested for other members of staff (such as support staff) by emailing [email protected] .
Most of the information that you enter in your ACRIS profile is publicly available via web portal http://research.aalto.fi/.
All the information that is displayed on the public portal is added and edited in internal backend side of ACRIS: https://acris.aalto.fi (Log in with your Aalto credentials.)
Logging into ACRIS for the first time
When you log in for the first time into ACRIS, you will first see your Personal overview page. Your profile overview is a presentation of your content in ACRIS. The overview is dynamic and interactive. This means that the overview is updated as you add or remove content in ACRIS. It is also possible to click on items and see the details behind e.g. a number or a particular piece of content.
Your profile contains your personal information synchronized from the University’s HR or student systems as well as a number of sections, which you can edit and add information.
Please note! This backend personal profile is not the same as the public profile in the public portal. Many of the information is not shown in the public portal and it is only visible to you or your trusted user in the internal backend side of ACRIS.
The components found in the personal overview (The amount of information available will depend upon your activity as a researcher):
- Your profile information: This section displays your primary information including direct link to your personal profile page in the public portal (https://research.aalto.fi) If you want to update your profile information e.g. your Scopus author-ID, profile image, academic qualification, you edit these by clicking Edit profile.
- Content inventory: Summary of all your content in ACRIS. The categories are the same as the categories (templates) you use when adding content to ACRIS. You can click on a category or subcategory to see the list of publications and activities it contains.
- Plum X metrics: This section shows summaries of all your research output with associated PlumX metrics.For more information on each of the PlumX metrics, you can click on the (1) PlumX link which will direct to https://plumanalytics.com/learn/about-metrics/.
- Project timeline: If you are associated with one or more projects in ACRIS, the projects are shown in an overview with a timeline for each project. Projects are sorted by their start date, with the earliest projects at the top.
- Supervision and teaching overview: For users who teach or supervise, the overview provides a summary of current and former students. Inventory of students 's theses is at the bottom of the section.
- Collaboration map: The network map makes it easy to decipher with whom and how you are related to other researchers, institutions, publications etc. The network map is interactive and provides rich options to explore your relations and see them from different perspectives.
- Add new content and Tasks and notifications: The +Add content -button will open the standard window to use a template to create or import new content. On the right-hand side of your profile overview, you get task notifications. A notification may be a suggestion to import a publication from an external source, or a message that a publication is waiting to be moved to the next step in the submission process.If you click on the link in the task, you will see the list of publications that requires further action.
Check that your data from these systems are correct and complete. If you spot any errors, please email [email protected].
Back to ACRIS instructions index and ACRIS instructions main page:
This page compiles all ACRIS instructions. ACRIS, Aalto Current Research Information System, is the research information management system of Aalto University. Information is displayed in the public portal Research.aalto.fi.
Aalto Current Research Information System (ACRIS) is Aalto University’s research information management system. The system contains information about the up-to-date research and artistic activities of the university. These activities are shown through the public portal Research.aalto.fi.