At Aalto, My Dialogues is about having a 1-1 conversation with your supervisor, or a 3-way conversation with your direct and matrix supervisors, twice per year (spring and autumn) about these 3 topics – wellbeing, development and goals.
You can utilise the Workday system to help you set work and personal development goals, make notes and attach documents you want to discuss, and give and ask for feedback from colleagues.
How to have your My Dialogues?
These 4 videos show you some tips on how to have a My Dialogues conversation and how to use Workday.
- "How to have a My Dialogues conversation"
- explains what is "My Dialogues" (0:21-0:56),
- what are the minimum expectations for My Dialogues at Aalto (0:56-1:59), how you can go beyond those minimum expectations (2:00-3:35), and
- then shows you how to talk about work wellbeing (3:38-5:41), personal development (5:42-6:59), and goals (7:00-11:10).
- "The basics of using Workday"
- shows you the basic Workday features to support your My Dialogues conversations, including setting work (1:16-2:22) and personal development goals (3:44-4:00), making notes and attaching documents to discuss (2:22-3:40), and how to give and ask for feedback (4:11-4:38).
- "Workday for Supervisors"
- shows supervisors how to navigate the "My Team Management - My Dialogues" dashboard (0:49-2:04), view your team members' goals, development items and feedback (2:05-4:50), view "My 1-1 Discussion Notes and Attachments" with your team members (4:58-5:51), and how to share or cascade goals to others (5:52-8:31).
- "How to use "1-1 Discussion Notes & Attachments" in Workday"
- shows you how to make notes and attach documents relevant to your My Dialogues in the Workday system.
My Dialogue for Academics – Goals and Workplan
My Dialogue guidelines and instructions for academic staff. Workplan, My Dialogue, goals, total working hours.
Are you worried about your own or your co-worker's coping or mental well-being? Aalto offers several ways and services to help you in stressful situations.