Learning and teaching in higher education (5 cr)
Persons accepted to the Aalto Tenure or Lecture Track are prioritized. Post doctoral researchers and postgraduate students with teaching responsibilities are welcomed to apply. Applicants with teaching duties are prioritized, so please fill in the enrollment form carefully.
Otherwise, the first 20 people who register for this course, will be accepted to participate.
So, please fill in the enrollment form carefully. When you sign up for this course, please double-check that you are able to attend all contact teaching days!
- A! Peda Intro (5cr) course or similar
- Learning theories and practice, approaches to teaching and learning
- Teaching assessment and quality as a part of teaching development/curriculum design
- Societal and ethical connections in university teaching
- Future views to one's own teaching substance/discipline
- Developing oneself as a teacher
Learning outcomes for the course
- to be able to identify, define, and evaluate factors that affect your teaching
- to be able to recognize different theories of learning and you have become aware of how they influence teaching
- you have formed your own approach to teaching and learning/teaching philosophy and you have knowledge on how to develop your teachership and teaching
- you recognize factors, which affect to the quality of teaching
- to be able to understand your teaching in a wider context and envisage the expertise provided by your own field of teaching and the future prospects of the field