Kielibuusti - Teaching Finnish and Swedish to international experts
What is the Kielibuusti (Language Boost) project?
In the Kielibuusti (Language Boost) project, different aspects of language learning will be developed to better match the needs of international talents: teaching of Finnish and Swedish, the studying opportunities as well as language learning paths. A nation-wide cooperation model between higher education institutions teaching Finnish or Swedish as a second language, as well as an online learning platform, will be the outcomes of the project. The online platform will provide Finnish and Swedish language learning services and information in one place for language learners, teachers of Finnish and Swedish, employers working with international students and career counsellors.
The Kielibuusti (Language Boost) project is part of a national Talent Boost project of the Ministry of Education and Culture and the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, which aims to improve the employment opportunities of highly skilled immigrants through various means. The Kielibuusti (Language Boost) is coordinated by Aalto University and the University of Helsinki. The universities of applied sciences in Helsinki metropolitan area, Haaga-Helia, Laurea and Metropolia, also participate in the project. The project is running from 2021 until 2024.
On this page you can find out more about what the Kielibuusti (Language Boost) offers to Aalto University students and staff.
Read more on the project's own website https://kielibuusti.fi/en/home/.
News and events
The new kielibuusti.fi is now open! Have a look around and let us know what you think by using the feedback form available at the website.
What can the Kielibuusti (Language Boost) offer to the Aalto community?
- The Finnish learner's section at kielibuusti.fi as well as the Swedish learner's section have f.ex.
- Self-study materials
- Tips and material for learning the language in everyday life and at work
- Information on language tests
- Staff training includes Finnish courses
- The kielibuusti.fi for work employers and work communities has
- information on building a language strategy for a multilingual workplace
- concrete tools to support the international experts learning Finnish of Swedish at work
- Kielibuusti.fi for career and study advisors contains
- Tools for tutoring sessions, e.g. making a language learning plan
- Information on language studies in higher education
- Material related to language-aware work placement
- The section for Finnish teachers is available in Finnish, whereas the pages for Swedish teachers are in Swedish. The teacher section contains f.ex.
- teaching material bank
- pedagogical tool and models for teaching Finnish or Swedish
- materials to facilitate the guidance of the language learners
- information on teacher networks