Kielibuusti - Teaching Finnish and Swedish to international experts
What is the Kielibuusti (Language Boost) project?
In the Kielibuusti (Language Boost) project, different aspects of language learning will be developed to better match the needs of international talents: teaching of Finnish and Swedish, the studying opportunities as well as language learning paths. A nation-wide cooperation model between higher education institutions teaching Finnish or Swedish as a second language, as well as an online learning platform, will be the outcomes of the project. The online platform will provide Finnish and Swedish language learning services and information in one place for language learners, teachers of Finnish and Swedish, employers working with international students and career counsellors.
The Kielibuusti (Language Boost) project is part of a national Talent Boost project of the Ministry of Education and Culture and the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, which aims to improve the employment opportunities of highly skilled immigrants through various means. The Kielibuusti (Language Boost) is coordinated by Aalto University and the University of Helsinki. The universities of applied sciences in Helsinki metropolitan area, Haaga-Helia, Laurea and Metropolia, also participate in the project. The project is running from 2021 until 2024.
On this page you can find out more about what the Kielibuusti (Language Boost) offers to Aalto University students and staff.
Read more on the project's own website https://kielibuusti.fi/en/home/.
What can the Kielibuusti (Language Boost) offer to the Aalto community?
- Staff training includes Finnish courses.
- The Kielibuusti online platorm, to be launched in early 2023, will offer advice and support for language learning.
- If you know Finnish already, check out the blog post 5+2 sovellusta edistyneemmille suomen kielen opiskelijoille on the Kielibuusti website (available only in Finnish).
- Support to strengthen the language awareness in the work community.
- Concrete tools to support the international experts learning Finnish of Swedish at work.
- Register for the webinar "Näin johdat monikielistä työyhteisöäsi" (in Finnish) organized on March 1 st 2023. More information at kielibuusti.fi.
- Tools to promote the learning of Finnish or Swedish.
- Learn more about the Language PSP (attachments available in English).