Course Design (5 cr)
- Constructive alignment
- Course design as a part of curriculum work
- Preparing learning outcomes
- Assessment and teaching methods
- Teacher assessment and feedback in teaching development
- Teaching and learning from the viewpoint of expertise
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
After the course, you will be able to:
- plan and design your own teaching as a part of program curriculum planning
- take into account the principles of constructive alignment and the special characteristics of your own field
- analyze your own teaching based on the principles of constructive alignment
- apply different pedagogical solutions to your teaching
- assess the effects of different pedagogical choices and decisions
- give constructive feedback on peer’s teaching plan and receive feedback from peers
- In addition, you have familiarized yourself with some ICT tools and you are able to choose and argue the pedagogically meaningful way of using them in your own teaching.
For whom and pre-requisites
To be eligible, you must have completed A! Peda Intro (5 cr) or another similar course before the beginning of the training. The training is intended for Aalto University personnel, and it is free of charge.
Persons accepted to the Aalto Tenure or Lecture Track are prioritized. Post doctoral researchers and postgraduate students with teaching responsibilities are welcomed to apply. Applicants with teaching duties are prioritized, so please fill in the enrollment form carefully.
Otherwise, the first 20 people who register for this course, will be accepted to participate