ACRIS, open access publishing and manuscript service
Open access publishing through manuscript service (Green OA, self-archiving)
Aalto University encourages open availability of research articles. RES Open Science and ACRIS team deposits all scientific peer-reviewed articles and conference publications into ACRIS.
- Email your final accepted manuscript to [email protected] (not required for publications which are open access at publisher's website)
- Most publishers allow open publishing of accepted manuscripts in university repositories without additional fees.
- Embargo periods may range from 12 to 48 months or not be required at all.
- Check journal policies at www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/.
- ACRIS complies with European Commission and Research Council of Finland (Academy of Finland) open access mandates.
- Upload your final accepted manuscript to ACRIS
Adding a Final Accepted Manuscript to ACRIS:
Upload only PDF/A-file formats. Note, that ACRIS-staff will validate your contribution.
- Log in to acris.aalto.fi
- In your personal overview page, click either Add content if you are adding new publication or choose a publication you want to edit from the publications listing.
- In the research output editor go to Electronic version(s) of -> Add electronic version -> Upload electronic version
- Search the file from your files and upload it.
- Define document version (accepted author manuscript).
- Define the public access to file, e.g. open
- Select licence to the document if applicable.
Open access and research projects
Find information on:
Subject-based repository: ArXiv
If you self-archive your manuscript in arXiv, linking your submission to ACRIS suffices for reporting open access publications. More open access publications lead to increased funding.
Upload the final accepted manuscript (FAM) to arXiv, and email the link to [email protected], specifying whether it's a pre-print or peer-reviewed version.
Open Access publishing checklist in ACRIS:
- Agree with co-authors to self-archive your manuscript.
- Check instructions if funded by EU or Research Council of Finland (Academy of Finland).
- Upon acceptance, check for Aalto's Read and Publish agreements and apply if available. Remember to use your Aalto email to benefit from the agreement.
- If no agreement exists and the article is not published open access, send the final accepted manuscript to [email protected] to be uploaded to ACRIS and open access publishing per the publisher's policy.
Back to ACRIS instructions index and ACRIS instructions main page:
This page compiles all ACRIS instructions. ACRIS, Aalto Current Research Information System, is the research information management system of Aalto University. Information is displayed in the public portal Research.aalto.fi.
Aalto Current Research Information System (ACRIS) is Aalto University’s research information management system. The system contains up-to-date information about the research and artistic activities of the university. These activities are shown through the public portal Research.aalto.fi.