Aalto Publication Series
Aalto-yliopiston julkaisusarja – Aalto University publication series consists of the following series:
- DOCTORAL DISSERTATIONS
- BUSINESS + ECONOMY / KAUPPA + TALOUS
- ART + DESIGN + ARCHITECTURE / TAIDE + MUOTOILU + ARKKITEHTUURI
- SCIENCE + TECHNOLOGY / TIEDE + TEKNOLOGIA
- CROSSOVER / CROSSOVER
Dissertations written in all schools of Aalto University, both in Finnish and in English, are published under the Doctoral dissertations series. Interdisciplinary publications and for example publications by joint university units are published under the Crossover series. The rest of the series are specific to certain fields of research and education. Publications written mainly in English are placed under the English-language series. The old series of units and departments are not used anymore.
A publication is put together on the publication platform webservice. The process is finished with placing an order to the printing house. ISSN- and ISBN-numbers along with Aalto Serial number are generated automatically at the publication platform when ordering the publication.
The publication platform webservice
The electronic versions of the publications in Aalto Publication Series are published by author permission in open Aaltodoc repository. From there the publications are copied and transferred to Aalto Research Information System Acris.
What kind of publications can you publish under the Aalto Publication Series?
At the moment the series consist of five publication types and some of them can also have sublevels:
- Doctoral dissertations (no sublevels)
- Reports (5 sublevels)
- report, research report, technical report, annual report,professional development report
- Compiled works (4 sublevels)
- compilation, conference proceedings, seminar proceedings, essay collection
- Study materials (2 sublevels)
- learning material, teaching material
- Working papers (no sublevels)