Communications and Data Science student spent her first year at Grenoble and now she is studying the second year at Aalto University
Congratulations! You have just been admitted to Master's Programme in Communications and Data Science at Aalto University.
Your application made an impression on us and we would like to warmly welcome you as a member of the Aalto community. You will be in excellent company as Aalto is ranked 9th in the world in the QS ranking of universities under 50 years. We will ensure you get the best possible learning experience with personal academic advising, extensive student wellbeing services and an active student community. We very much look forward to seeing younext autumn.
At Aalto, we believe in the power of curiosity. We encourage our students to explore the unknown and learn and do things in a whole new way – together, breaking boundaries. We’ll do our best to make sure you have all the information you need and answer all your questions about starting your studies here. Our contact information can be found at the end of this letter.
Welcome to CoDaS programme!
Codas is an international joint degree programme, which means the students study their first year in one university and continue their second year in another university. You will be studying your first year at Aalto University and on your second year, you will continue studies in either in Grenoble INP Graduate schools of Engineering and Management at Université Grenoble Alpes (France) or Técnico Lisboa at Universidade de Lisboa (Portugal).
After completing the programme, you will graduate and get the degree from both Universities you have studied in. The programme is an unique opportunity to study and live in two European cities and to graduate with a double degree for a field with a high level of employability! You can find more information on the programme and partner Universities here.
Please note that the physical mobility period to another university on the second year of studies is a compulsory part of the degree programme. It is not possible to study the whole degree at one university. The selection of the students to the two universities is made during the first year of studies and students’ own preference is taken into account in the selection.
New student checklist
Please, take a good look to go over the following steps. Please find more detailed information from Aalto Student Guide.
- Accept Your Admission Offer at the latest by 28 April 2023, 3 pm, GMT +3. You will receive an e-mail with personal link to studyinfo.fi portal after receiving your Letter of Admission. Click the link and follow the instructions to accept the admission offer. You can enroll as attending student from the same link (see step 5.).
- Apply for residence permit (non-EU/non-EEA Citizens) or register your residence (EU/EEA Citizens). If you need to apply for residence permit, please start the process as soon as possible.
- Return the Aalto Scholarship Terms document and/or pay the tuition fee if applicable. The Scholarship Terms document must be returned at the latest by 28 April 2023, 3 pm, GMT +3.
- Submit certified (attested) hard copy documents by 18 August 2023, 3 pm, GMT +3. Please submit the documents as soon as possible to confirm your study place. More information here.
- Enroll as attending student to Aalto University by 31 July 2022. If your admission offer is conditional, you can enrol at the university after the condition has been fulfilled and the admission is not conditional anymore. Please note that you may be subject to several conditions. The conditions are stated in your admission letter.
- Apply for student accommodation.
- Organize your travel to Finland and prepare to start your studies with orientation on week 35 (the week beginning on 28 August).
- Activate your Aalto user account. You can activate your Aalto user account in July at the earliest after you have enrolled for the academic year and received an activation email for your Aalto user account.
- Complete Aalto Pre-Orientation 2023-2024 online (the link to the material will be provided later; access requires activation of your Aalto user account).
- Apply for a student card.
- Pay the health care fee for students in higher education by 30 September.
- Get ready for your studies.
Detailed instructions for these steps and more information for new students is available at Aalto Student Guide.
Communication before the orientation in the autumn
Follow your email! We will send you newsletters during the spring and the summer to remind you of important matters and to provide you with more information about the orientation programme and the start of studies. You will be assigned a peer-student tutor, who will contact you during the summer. Please remember to notify us if you change your email address. In the meanwhile, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us. You can find the contact information below.
Our Contact Information
Note that July is holiday season in Finland, please contact [email protected] if you have urgent questions during that time.
Aalto University School of Electrical Engineering
PO Box 15500
Maarintie 8, Espoo
Welcome to Aalto University, let's stay in touch!
Congratulations on your admission to Aalto University! The information on this page concerns students admitted to the following international joint programmes (double or triple degree):
Nordic Master Programmes
Erasmus Mundus Programmes
Other double degree programmes (SpaceMaster, CoDaS, EMC)
Amy Sidibé wanted to combine machine learning with communications technology and ended up studying in two different universities
Amy studies communications and data science in a double degree programme.