Congratulations! You have just been admitted to Aalto University
Your application made an impression on us and we would like to warmly welcome you as a member of the Aalto community. You will be in excellent company as Aalto is ranked 9th in the world in the QS ranking of universities under 50 years. We will ensure you get the best possible learning experience with personal academic advising, ex- tensive student wellbeing services and an active student community. We very much look forward to seeing you next autumn.
At Aalto, we believe in the power of curiosity. We encourage our students to explore the unknown and learn and do things in a whole new way – together, breaking boundaries. We’ll do our best to make sure you have all the information you need and answer all your questions about starting your studies here. Our contact information can be found at the end of this letter.
Welcome to Aalto University! See you soon!
New student checklist
Please, take a good look to go over the following steps:
- Accept Your Admission Offer by 20 April 2022 (3:00 pm, GMT +3). If you have been admitted off the waiting list, check the deadline from the admission letter!
- Submit certified (attested) hard copy documents by 27 May 2022 3:00 pm, GMT +3 (applicants admitted in March and April) or by 17 August 2022 3:00 pm, GMT +3 (applicants admitted off the waiting list in May or June).
- Return the Aalto Scholarship Terms document and/or pay the tuition fee if applicable
- If you have been conditionally accepted with an incomplete degree, submit attested copies of your degree certificate by 17 August 2022 (3:00 pm, GMT +3).
- Enroll as attending by 31 July 2022.
- Apply for Residence Permit (non-EU/EEA Citizens) or register your residence (EU/EEA Citizens)
- Apply for accommodation
- Activate your Aalto user account when you receive an invitation email.
- Complete Aalto Pre-Orientation online (the link to the material will be provided later; access requires activation of your Aalto user account).
- Prepare to start your studies with orientation on week 35 (the week beginning on 29 August)
Detailed instructions for these steps and more information for new students is available at Aalto student portal Into
Communication before the orientation in the autumn
Follow your email! We will send you newsletters during the spring and the summer to remind you of important matters and to provide you with more information about the orientation programme and the start of studies. You will be assigned a peer-student tutor, who will contact you during the summer. Please remember to notify us if you change your email address. In the meanwhile, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
You can find the contact information at the end of this letter. Please note that July is holiday season in Finland, you may contact [email protected] if you have urgent questions during that time.