CEO Tapani Järvinen’s Environmental Technology Fund
The fund is composed of EUR 75 000 in capital donated by Outotec Oyj as well as Tapani Järvinen's donation of EUR 25 000, as well as the remainder of the capital from the Outokumpu Oyj Foundation, totalling EUR 1 975.64. The fund can also receive other donations.
The purpose of the fund is to promote research in environmental technology. The fund annually distributes a grant in the amount of EUR 5 000–10 000 to a deserving expert in environmental technology for research and development work. Donation capital can be used for the distribution of grants.
An application period for the grant is announced once yearly.
The distribution of grants is decided by the dean of the School of Chemical Engineering at the suggestion of the grants committee. A total of 3–4 expert representatives appointed by the dean belong to the grants committee.
Read Tapani Järvinen’s interview: Only by hard work is it possible to remain in the vanguard of environmental technology
- in 2017: Professor Markku Ollikainen (University of Helsinki)
- in 2016: Professor Rauno Sairinen (University of Eastern Finland)
- in 2015: Professor Jyri Seppälä (Finnish Environment Institute, Centre for Sustainable Production and Consumption)
- in 2014: Vice-Rector, Professor Jaakko Puhakka (Tampere University of Technology)
- in 2013: Professor Riitta Keiski (University of Oulu)
- in 2012: Professor Mika Sillanpää (Lappeenranta University of Technology)
- in 2011: Professor Ville Alopaeus (Aalto University)