The Academy of Finland’s SRC
Strategic Research Council (SRC) funding supports high quality research with potentially major impacts on society. Such research seeks concrete solutions to significant problems, and requires a multidisciplinary approach. Collaboration between knowledge producers and knowledge users is essential. SRC programmes run for 3–6 years.
We coordinate (SRC funding)
- Professor Minna Halme: Sustainable textile systems: Co-creating resource-wise business for Finland in global textile networks. Also professors Kirsi Niinimäki ja Herbert Sixta are participating in the project from Aalto.
- Professor Seppo Junnila: Smart land use policy for sustainable urbanization
Professor Jukka Seppälä: Bio-oils based polymeric composites; value chain from syntheisis to additive manufacturing
We take part (SRC funding)
- Professor Leena Järvi, University of Helsinki, Aalto University’s responsible professor Ranja Hautamäki and professor Seppo Junnila: Individuals, communities and municipalities mitigating climate change by carbon smart green space
- Professor Liisa Häikiö, University of Tampere, Aalto University’s responsible professor Mikko Jalas: Towards Eco-Welfare State: Orchestrating for Systemic Impac
- Research Professori Tarja Heponiemi, Institute for Health and Welfare, Aalto University’s responsible leader Research Fellow Sari Kujala: Towards socially inclusive digital society: transforming service culture
- Professor Tiina Laatikainen University of Eastern Finland, Aalto University’s responsible leader postdoctoral researcher Miika Linna: Improving the information base and optimizing service solutions to support social welfare and health care reform
- University lecturer Riikka Räisänen, University of Helsinki, Aalto University’s responsible professors Julia Lohmann and Monika Österberg: Bio Based Dyes and Pigments for Colour Palette
- Professor Janne Hukkinen University of Helsinki, Aalto University’s responsible professor Peter Lund: Creative adaptation to wicked socio-environmental disruptions.
- Professor Jari Yli-Kauhaluoma, University of Helsinki, Aalto University’s responsible professor Mari Lundström: Sustainable Drug Discovery and Development with End-of-Life Yield.
- Professor Petri Ylikoski, University of Helsinki, Aalto University’s responsible professor Pekka Marttinen: Data Literacy for Responsible Decision-Making
- Professor Antti Tanskanen, University of Turku, Aalto University’s responsible professor Jari Saramäki: Social networks, fertility and wellbeing in ageing populations: Building demographic resilience in Finland
- Professor Susanna Paasonen, Aalto University’s responsible professor Annamari Vänskä: Intimacy in Data-Driven Culture