The Academy of Finland’s SRC
Strategic Research Council (SRC) funding supports high quality research with potentially major impacts on society. Such research seeks concrete solutions to significant problems, and requires a multidisciplinary approach. Collaboration between knowledge producers and knowledge users is essential. SRC programmes run for 3–6 years.
We coordinate (SRC funding)
- Professor Minna Halme: Sustainable textile systems: Co-creating resource-wise business for Finland in global textile networks. Also professors Kirsi Niinimäki ja Herbert Sixta are participating in the project from Aalto.
- Professor Seppo Junnila: Smart land use policy for sustainable urbanization
- Professor Maarit Karppinen: Closing the loop for high-added-value materials
- Senior University Lecturer Marko Keskinen: From Failand to Winland
- Professor Ville Kyrki: Robots and the Future of Welfare Services
- Professor Martti Mäntylä: Digital Disruption of Industry
- Professor Raine Mäntysalo: BeMInE: Beyond MALPE coordination: integrative envisioning
- Professor Ahti Salo: Platform Value Now: Value capturing in the fast emerging platform
- Professor Jukka Seppälä: Bio-oils based polymeric composites; value chain from syntheisis to additive manufacturing
- Professor Armi Temmes: Smart Energy Transition - Realizing its potential fos sustainable growth for Finland's second century
We take part (SRC funding)
- Professor Harri Kaartinen, The Finnish Geospatial Research Institute, Aalto University’s responsible professor Hannu Hyyppä. Competence-Based Growth Through Integrated Disruptive Technologies of 3D Digitalization, Robotics, Geospatial Information and Image Processing/Computing – Point Cloud Ecosystem
- Professor Matti Tuomala University of Tampere, Aalto University’s responsible professor Pekka Ilmakunnas. Work, Inequality and Public Policy
- Professor Liisa Häikiö, University of Tampere, Aalto University’s responsible professor Mikko Jalas: Towards Eco-Welfare State: Orchestrating for Systemic Impac
- Research Professori Tarja Hepomäki, Institute for Health and Welfare, Aalto University’s responsible leader Research Fellow Sari Kujala: Towards socially inclusive digital society: transforming service culture
- Research Professor Ilmo Keskimäki, Institute for Health and Welfare, Aalto University’s responsible leader Research Fellow Sari Kujala. Competent workforce for the future
- Professor Tiina Laatikainen University of Eastern Finland, Aalto University’s responsible leader postdoctoral researcher Miika Linna. Improving the information base and optimizing service solutions to support social welfare and health care reform
- University lecturer Riikka Räisänen, University of Helsinki, Aalto University’s responsible professors Julia Lohmann and Monika Österberg: Bio Based Dyes and Pigments for Colour Palette
- Professor Janne Hukkinen University of Helsinki, Aalto University’s responsible professor Peter Lund. Creative adaptation to wicked socio-environmental disruptions.
- Professor Jari Yli-Kauhaluoma University of Helsinki, Aalto University’s responsible professor Mari Lundström. Sustainable Drug Discovery and Development with End-of-Life Yield.
- Researcher Tuomas Pekkarinen, VATT, Aalto University’s responsible professor Juuso Välimäki. Preventing Social Exclusion: What Works and Why?
- Professor Susanna Paasonen, Aalto University’s responsible professor Annamari Vänskä: Intimacy in Data-Driven Culture