Master's Programme in Water and Environmental Engineering
Programme main page
1st year / autumn and spring terms
The courses of the major studies (common and advanced courses, total 60 cr) should be completed during the first academic year.
Remenber to check always detailed course timetables and current announcements from Sisu and MyCourses.
2nd year / autumn and spring terms
Elective studies (30 cr).
For elective studies you can study courses offered by Aalto University or by other universities as it is possible by Aalto internal and inter institutional agreements and procedures and course specific prerequisites.
More information about elective studies from curriculum.
The spring term of the 2nd year of studies should be devoted to the Master's thesis.
To stay within the normative study schedule, students at Aalto University have responsibility for:
- building and updating a personal study plan in Sisu
- planning a balanced, weekly schedule taking into account lectures requiring attendance, independent assignments and recovery from studies
- avoiding overlaps when choosing elective courses (and/or actively look for solutions to overlaps with responsible persons of courses)
- registering for courses on time in Sisu
- communicating challenges related to progress of studies as early as possible.