School of Arts, Design and Architecture is searching for Vice Deans
The Dean of Aalto University School of Arts, Design and Architecture requests applications or nominations for suitable candidates for position of Vice Dean of Aalto University’s School of Arts, Design and Architecture.
The Vice Deans will assist the Dean in managing the School of Arts, Design and Architecture. The particular priority in the work of the Vice Dean will be developing the school’s activities and strategy from an overall perspective. There are three Vice Deans working in ARTS: one responsible for research, one responsible for education and one for responsible for artistic and creative practices. ARTS is looking for a Vice Dean to all of these areas.
Candidates will be expected to:
- Have a successful career in sciences and/or arts and in teaching in the school’s fields of activities
- Have experience and excellent merits in leading and developing research/artistic activities or experience and excellent merits in leading and developing education
- Have experience of the university world and international activities,
- Possess an overall view of the School and engage in the common goals of the School of Arts, Design and Architecture,
- Have a vision of how the School of Arts, Design and Architecture can be developed,
- Possess fluent skills in English; Finnish and Swedish are an advantage.
The Vice Dean is a member of the School’s Leadership Team and serves directly under the Dean. The Vice Dean will temporarily substitute the Dean when needed. The working hours of the Vice Dean are 50 % of total working hours.
The President of the Aalto University will appoint the Vice Deans based on the proposal by the Dean. The Dean will also decide about the detailed tasks of Vice Deans.
The term of office will begin on 1 September 2019 and will last until the end of term of the Dean 10.3.2024.
Please send applications or nominations by email latest on 22 April, 2019 to hanna.nurmela(at)aalto.fi, with a brief summary of why the candidate should be considered, and a CV. Please express explicit, in which position you are interested. Please mark “Varadekaani” in the subject field of the email.
Dean Tuomas Auvinen
Tuomas Auvinen, dean-arts(at)aalto.fi, 050-64848
Pekka Saarela, 050-5505658, pekka.saarela(at)aalto.fi
Hanna Nurmela, 050-4474766, hanna.nurmela(at)aalto.fi