Results from the customer survey: how we will develop our services according to your wishes
We have created a FAQ – frequently asked questions pageon our website based on the customer survey. The FAQ responds to the comments and questions made in the survey. Below are listed some points that we have acted upon based on the survey.
Quiet reading room
- Guidance on the purpose of the room has been increased and clarified. Reading room on the second floor is dedicated for quiet studying and working.
- Sliding doors of the reading room can be closed due to noise if necessary. However, emergency exits cannot be closed due to safety regulations.
Working spaces of Makerspace floor
- The Makerspace floor will be refurbished during spring and summer 2024, when Aalto Studios will move to the new Marsio building. The customers’ wishes are taken into consideration in the space design.
Tidiness of the spaces
- More rubbish and bottle recycling bins have been placed in the premises.
- Locks of the lockers have been fixed during the summer.
Usage problems of the electric movable shelves
- Instructions on how to use the shelves have been added to the ends of the shelves.
Developing service communication
- Updates in social media have been increased after the pandemic.
- Especially in the beginning of each term, we promote the Learning Centre service to both new and old students.
- In the future, we will provide more up-to-date communication on our library services.
Aaltodoc thesis portal
- Aaltodoc Thesis Database is now available in IT-classrooms for Aalto University students and for own personal workstations for Aalto University staff. Aalto Thesis Database allows a more comprehensive access to those theses that are not available in open network in Aaltodoc.
- User interface of Aaltodoc will be updated to a more modern version, it will become more usable, and its instructions will be updated during 2023.
We will continue conducting customer surveys in the future and wish our customers will continue to give us feedback on our services. More information of the services the Learning Centre offers is available at the Learning Centre website.