Launch event for the 5G Mökki Network and Workshop on 14 October
Mark Thursday 14 October 2021 from 13:00 to 15:00 (EEST) on your calendar and participate online! See the exciting event programme and register here.
What is Mökki?
Come and hear more about the new learning environment that will change the world. You can also come up with ideas and participate in designing content and programmes for Mökki that can help many people. Mökki has been developed to quickly take the latest knowledge and expertise to where it is needed – or better: Mökki helps create interaction between different actors in order to learn and develop something new. Mökki has been created to promote sustainable development. New technologies will also play a role in future learning environments and development.
Mökki means a variety of things. Mökki is still in its fledgling stages. Come and help it grow. It may lead you to new and incredible pathways. Come and leave your own mark on Mökki!
5G Mökki is a place to:
- enjoy yourself and do what you want
- drop by, experience things, find new interests
- meet people you know and new people from your own campus, and other campuses and companies
- learn quickly about 5G and other new technologies, and apply them immediately
- gain insights and invent something new
- present demos, projects and campaigns, and hold quick info sessions.
More officially 5G Mökki:
- is a new tool for bringing and creating fast-paced information and content for universities and companies. It encourages people to develop their knowledge and expertise related to new technologies, such as 5G, AI, VR/AR, Blockchain, and helps companies and other organisations to deploy the new knowledge quickly and flexibly.
- connects universities/universities of applied sciences, companies and other organisations more closely, in direct and immersive interaction.
- offers companies an easy and fast way to find new technology experts and to launch development projects.
With the help of Mökki, companies and other organisations gain a competitive advantage and enhance their productivity through the latest technology. This, in turn, encourages the employment of new experts and successful career and entrepreneurship paths.
The Mökki concept is based on the work of a number of leading technology professionals and top companies and universities.
The first 5G Mökki campuses in the world are Nokia Corporation Garage, Espoo, Aalto University Design Factory, Espoo; Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK), Hämeenlinna; South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences (Xamk), Kouvola and Mikkeli; Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Vantaa. The Mökki network is currently expanding nationally and internationally.
Mökki on display in different countries
The Mökki network and events and 5G Mökki are also on display at the Finnish Pavilion of the EXPO 2020 Dubai world exhibition from 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022. 5G Mökki can also be physically experienced in the City Walk in central Dubai during the VIP week of the Education Finland cluster from 30 January to 5 February 2022.
Visit Mökki either physically or virtually. Keep an eye on Mökki’s programme and see what it has to offer at https://www.startnorth.com/ and https://www.5gmokki.com/
The event is part of the strategic cooperation between Aalto University, Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK), South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences (Xamk) and Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, and it also involves close cooperation with Nokia Corporation.
From the beginning, the University of Helsinki, University of Oulu and Tampere University, as well as several other universities and companies have been involved in the development of Mökki. Already at its early stage, Mökki was market tested and developed at the Stanford University campus in the United States, to mention just one example.
The event of 14 October will be streamed from 5G Mökki on the Hämeenlinna campus of Häme University of Applied Sciences. It is organised by the Start North network.
More information about the event: