Five tips for a happier life
Wise decisions can’t be made without taking other people and the broader context into account.
- Look for the hidden good in people. Your own attitude affects how situations appear to you ― and how you appear to others.
- Take charge of your own life by listening to the voice of your heart through deeper reflection ― delving into what you know is right. A gloomy atmosphere might feel real, but there's always a way out towards something more positive.
- Regularly switch off performance mode. Pick up a random book, have a chat with a friend or work colleague, or go for a walk. Allow your mind to wander without the pressure to achieve or perform, and new ideas will start to flow.
- Wise decisions can’t be made without taking other people and the broader context into account. Everyone benefits if you show interest, ask questions, examine alternatives and keep things in perspective.
- Love your loved ones. Open up channels for kindness in your daily life by daring to believe that good will prevail.
Professor of Applied Philosophy Esa Saarinen
Read more news
The Aalto Alumni Strategy Circle brings together strategy professionals and business leaders to learn and exchange ideas about the most relevant current topics in strategy.
Food Futures, part of ATARCA, Aalto University, in collaboration with Global Politics and Communication, University of Helsinki, present the video Learning by Doing: Solving the Tragedy of the Commons one Meal at a time.