Application open to the European Student Assembly 2024
Applications are now open to students at Aalto University from all genders, nationalities, fields and levels of study.
The participants of the ESA 2024 will produce a collection of policy recommendations on 11 debating topics. From late January to early April 2024, the selected students will work remotely with other members of the same panel to deepen their understanding of their chosen topic and start drafting policy recommendations. The Assembly itself taking place on 10-12 April, 2023 in Strasbourg will be followed by a series of dissemination events gathering stakeholders and decision-makers where students will advocate and disseminate their policy recommendations among various actors at different government levels, companies, NGOs, who are active in the European political life.
How to apply?
Applications are open from 28 September 2023 at 12:00 (UTC+1) to 5 November 2023 at 23:59 (UTC+1) on the EUC website.
Topics for debate
- Panel 1 - European election year. How to tackle the lack of (and dis-) information and encourage citizens’ engagement in the upcoming elections?
- Panel 2 - Greener is better. How can the EU establish a responsible growth in the context of climate change?
- Panel 3 - Cohesion through budget policies. How can the EU budget policy take part in strengthening cohesion amongst its Member States?
- Panel 4 - Seeking a better future in the EU. What strategy should the EU adopt to guarantee a treatment with dignity of migrants from outside of the Union?
- Panel 5 - EU in the world. How can the EU be a more responsible actor in globalisation through its leadership?
- Panel 6 - EU Artificial Intelligence Act. What strategies could be implemented to maximise the benefits of AI while addressing its challenges?
- Panel 7 - European heritage. How can the EU effectively coordinate with institutions the promotion of its heritage and ensure access to culture to all?
- Panel 8 - Cure of the future. What approach should the EU adopt regarding health and more particularly the advancements of biomedicine?
- Panel 9 - A place for everyone. How can higher education institutions be a place of opportunities for all?
- Panel 10 - EU of tomorrow. How can the EU secure a safe and well guided enlargement in the upcoming years?
- Panel 11 - Addressing euroscepticism. How to build a stronger and more united EU in the face of the rise of euroscepticism?
Join the information session on 11 October
An information session for interested candidates will be held on 11 October 2023 at 6:30PM (UTC+1).
The selection results will be announced on 15 December 2023 for coordinators and on 15 January 2024 for participants.
230 students shaped their future at the European Student Assembly
Hatef Hajian represented Aalto University and Unite! University Alliance at the European Student Assembly 2023.
Unite! University Alliance
Aalto University is a member of Unite! alliance together with eight other European universities.