Aalto University Summer School COVID-19 update
Updated 26/05/2021. The coronavirus pandemic’s effect on Aalto University Summer School’s on-campus courses this summer is still uncertain and dependent on the regional and global virus situation and the virus-related restrictions ordered by the Finnish authorities. Aalto University cannot guarantee you will be able to join courses on-campus unless you already reside in Finland.
Students are advised to consider and weigh the risk of travel restrictions from their home country to Finland. First and foremost, we follow Aalto University’s Covid-19 related instructions: https://www.aalto.fi/en/aalto-university/information-on-coronavirus
Currently, all summer courses and programs listed on the Aalto Summer School website are scheduled normally. All courses besides Nordic Biomaterials with CHEMARTS will be held online.
Please note that we cannot guarantee that you will be able to travel to Finland. Read more about entering Finland and travel advisories on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website: https://um.fi/entering-finland-and-travelling-abroad
Courses and cancellation terms
All the Summer School’s courses are and can be implemented completely online or as hybrid models - except the course Nordic Biomaterials with CHEMARTS. If you have applied for an on-campus course and it will be moved online, we have informed you about this during May 2021. The online courses are taught on Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
Please note that moving to an online implementation is not considered a cancellation of the course since the academic content remains unchanged.
In the case of cancellation:
- Cancelling up to 60 days before the beginning of the course: 85% refund of tuition fee and program fee (Aalto University will deduct 15% of each course fee as a service and bank cost fee)
- Cancelling up to 30 days before the beginning of the course: 50% refund of tuition fee and program fee
- Cancelling less than 30 days before the beginning of the course: no refund of tuition fee, 50% refund of program fee
- Cancelling less than 7 days before the beginning of the intensive program in on-campus courses: no refund of tuition fee or program fee
In the case of COVID-19 related cancellations at on-campus courses:
- If the course or program is cancelled by Aalto University: 100% refund
- If there are travel restrictions by Finland and/or home country: 85% refund (Aalto University will deduct 15 % of each course fee as a service and bank cost fee)
- Doctor's Note for COVID-19: 85% refund (Aalto University will deduct 15 % of each course fee as a service and bank cost fee)
For more information:
Head of Summer School
+358 50 384 7228