School of Business
|Mon - Thu:||7:45–21:00|
|Sat - Sun:||Closed|
About the building
The building exudes the famous spirit of School of Business and its interior design is inspired by the unique solutions of the building in Töölö. Future residents have been consulted at all stages of the design of the new building: staff, students and alumni.
School of Business building is a part of a larger building block, and it’s two other parts are Väre, the School of Arts, Design and Architecture’s new building and the shopping centre A Bloc. The block was designed by Verstas Architects, consisting of the alumni of Aalto University, which won the international architectural competition held 2012-2013. 189 proposals were entered in the competition. The main designer is Jussi Palva.
Construction of the School of Business building began in 2016. New building was completed in December 2018.
In the building:
- School of Business
- Restaurant and wine bar Arvo
- Café Kylteri
- BIZ Learning HUB
- BIZ Lounge & Terrace
- Art collection 'Human Approach'
How to find your way to the School of Business building / Parking
- We recommend using public transportation
- The nearest metro station is Aalto University, and you can find your way to the School of Business through both exits
- Exit Tietotie: When you are out of the building, turn right, and walk down the street Tietotie until you reach Ekonominaukio (about 100 m)
- Exit Otaniementie: Walk through the A Bloc shopping center to the Väre building of the School of Arts, Design and Architecture; continue to the School of Business (please follow the signs; this is an indoor route)
- Several buses stop near the aalto University metro station, e.g. buses number 52, 111, 550, 510 and 555
- There are a few guest parking spaces opposite to the School of Business (Tietotie 1), and more room for guest parking can be found near the Dipoli building (Otakaari 24)
- Please notice that the Raide-Jokeri Light Rail is currently being built in Otaniemi, meaning that parking arrangements may change with short notice. We kindly ask you to follow the instructions and to reserve enough time when coming to visit the School of Business.
To mark the school’s upcoming move to Otaniemi, the City of Espoo has renamed the street leg Ekonominaukio, which translates to the square of business school graduates.
The artwork makes the three spiral staircases of the School of Business a zone of tranquillity and silence.