The new sustainability in business
Form of learning:
Target group and prerequisitesBusiness practitioners, university students and others who want to learn the latest thinking on themes like sustainable development, sustainable business models and value creation, or sustainability in different business functions.
We live in a rapidly changing world. In the 2020s, it is more essential than ever for companies to take sustainability seriously. This course has been designed especially for business practitioners and university students who want to learn the latest thinking on themes like corporate social responsibility, sustainable value creation and leading change towards sustainability.
The course is an information-packed yet easy to go through resource provided for you by Aalto University School of Business.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of how companies impact the environment and society
- Name several different examples of sustainable business models
- Apply concrete tools for generating sustainable business innovations
- Identify how sustainability can be integrated into different business operations: strategy, supply chain management, accounting as well as marketing and communication
- Reflect on your change management skills and feel motivated and capable of taking action on sustainability challenges
You can go through the materials in a fully self-paced manner. When going through lessons and exercises, you’ll see a progress bar on the front page of the course.
The course consists of four modules that each have 3-4 lessons. In order to complete the course, you will have to pass each of the lessons. Passing the lesson means you get at least 70 % of the maximum points in multiple-choice questions with max. three trials plus answering to all the open-ended questions. Each lesson also has a “Further reading” section. Exercises cover topics also from these additional materials.