Library card and borrowing
You can get a library card from the Aalto University Learning Centre during customer service hours with a valid ID with a picture. You need to have a Finnish postal address to be able to get a library card. Usage regulations of the Learning Centre apply to all customers.
- Activate your customer information in Aalto-Primo by signing in with your Aalto user credentials.
- After activation, pick up the library card from Customer Service desk during customer service hours.
- Changes to personal and contact information for Aalto University students and staff are transferred from university information systems to the library system.
- Aalto University students or faculty members can access all licensed library resources, such as scientific articles, databases and e-books, without a valid physical library card wherever and whenever by logging in to Aalto-Primo with Aalto user credentials.
Aalto University students and staff sign in to Aalto-Primo with their personal Aalto user ID and password.
- Sign up for a library card beforehand online by filling in an application.
- Please notify the Learning Centre of changes in contact details by signing into Aalto-Primo and editing information at My Account. Contact information can also be updated by contacting the customer service.
Other customers sign in to Aalto-Primo with their library card number and password. To sign in for the first time, you need to set a new Aalto-Primo password. Set up your password here > reset password.
You can borrow books and other materials from with your library card from the Learning Centre.
You can make a reservation only for an item that is at the moment borrowed by another customer. You will receive a notification by email when the reservation has arrived.
Don’t forget to update your contact information
As a customer of the Learning Centre it is your duty to notify us of updates in your contact information.
Aalto University students and staff update their information directly to the university back end system (Sisu, Workday). These updates are transferred directly to the library system.
Other customers update their information by signing into Aalto-Primo or by contacting the Learning Centre customer service.