TwinRotor Demo Day 13.12.2019
Welcome to TwinRotor demo day. The demo day will feature results of the research project and a demonstrations in the ARotor research environment. In TwinRotor research project, we improved the behavior of rotating machinery using a digital twin coupled with Industrial Internet methods to support enhanced data flow between the machinery, simulation based virtual sensors, and applied big data analytics.
"In many cases, collected sensor and business data contain underlying structures which might reveal valuable insights about the operation of machines. A virtual sensor is a data driven model predicting a variable based on data, not direct measurement. In the TwinRotor project, we created a virtual sensor for the dynamic behaviour of a rotor system. The results can be applied in industry, for example by selecting the optimal operating speed for a machine with multiple rotors, such as a paper machine. The declining costs of censoring, data storage and transfer combined with more powerful analytics will make many new applications possible in the future", explains doctoral candidate Tuomas Tiainen.
Registration and presentations at seminar hall 216, Otakaari 4, 02150 Espoo (K1 building)
ARotor-laboratory, Sähkömiehentie 4 (K4 building)
Aalto Industrial Internet Campus, Puumiehenkuja 5 E (K3 building)
9.00 Registration and coffee
9.30 Presentations of research results
- Challenges and opportunities in the digitalisation of industry (Petri Kuosmanen, Aalto ENG)
- ARotor research environment (Risto Viitala & Ivar Koene, Aalto ENG)
- Digital twin of a rotor system (Tuomas Tiainen, Aalto ENG)
- Simulation in digital twin (Emil Kurvinen, LUT)
- Machine learning in TwinRotor (Kari Hiekkanen, Aalto SCI)
- Virtual sensor for dynamic behaviour of a large flexible rotor (Jesse Miettinen, Aalto ENG)
- Conclusion (Petri Kuosmanen & Raine Viitala, Aalto ENG)
10.30 Demos at ARotor-laboratory
- Digital Twin of Rotor system
- Junction Valmet&ARotor challenge winners: Team PaperCut Inc.
- Implementation of digital twin for abnormal combustion detection (Cesare Palestini, Wärtsilä)
11.30 Questions and discussion on potential further projects
13.00 Presentation of the Aalto Industrial Internet Campus (AIIC) and other digital twin related demos