The Radical Creativity Summer School inspires and guides participants to explore and experiment with innovative methods of working towards a more sustainable future. 'This is a condensed package of inspiration, akin to a candy shop where you can sample a variety of flavours.'
Grasping Creativity exhibition and events
- an exhibition at the Design Factory (Puumiehenkuja 5A, Espoo) examining radical creativity and framing, open 25.8.-6.10.
- an exhibition at the Väre main lobby (Otaniementie 14, Espoo), examining networks for creativity, open 6.9.-6.10.
- an exhibition opening event 25.8.14:30-17, with keynotes, the exhibition, showcases from the Radical Creativity Summer School student projects as well as networking over refreshments
- weekly prototyping workshop introductions in September at the Design Factory on Thursdays 7.9., 14.9, 21.9. & 28.9. 16.00-17.00
The opening event is organized in collaboration with the Aalto Radical Creativity Summer School. This new course explores different lenses to radical creativity, working with societal challenges in order to conceptualise radical and innovative future-focused solutions. Industry partners, St1, City of Espoo and VTT, have provided complex challenges for degree students and life-long learners across the world to engage with, tackling sustainable future energy use and promoting professional belonging in Finnish work-life.
In the Grasping radical creativity event 14.30-17 on Friday 25.8.2023, the summer school course work produced by students will be displayed, in addition to keynotes from Aalto research and industry speakers sharing their experiences in pursuing radical creativity. The event also offer the opportunity to explore the exhibition and time for all visitors and participants to interact, socialise and imagine future solutions over refreshments.
- Anna Kuukka
- Tua Björklund
- Erwin Laiho
- Floris van der Marel
- George Atanassov
- Jasmine Xie
- Sushant Passi
- Tuomas Auvinen
- Vikki Eriksson
- CREATNet research teacm
- Aalto Design Factory community
Design Factory develops creative ways of working and enhanced interdisciplinary interaction to support world-class product design in educational, research and practical application contexts.