For teachers: Teaching and Learning in the International Classroom - Tips & Tricks
Unite! Teaching and Learning is a series of training activities aimed at teaching staff, lecturers and faculty in all Unite! partner institutions, who are interested in sharing and developing teaching and learning practices. We invite you to meet Unite! colleagues while learning how teaching and learning is promoted at different partner universities.
Teaching and Learning in the International Classroom - Tips & Tricks
Day 1: Friday, April 8, 2022, 9 am-1 pm CET + independent self-study activities (4 hrs)
Day 2: Friday, April 29, 2022, 9 am-1 pm CET
Workload: 12 hours
A culturally diverse learning environment comes with great potential for all students, the international as well as the local ones. New perspectives, widened horizons, and the honing of global competences are vital for our graduates. In this workshop, we discuss different tools and strategies to promote teaching and learning in culturally diverse groups, using real-life-scenarios and your own experiences.
• What does internationalisation and cultural diversity mean in my own context?
• How can I best promote the development of my students’ intercultural awareness and competences?
• How can I turn my classroom into a thriving atmosphere for a culturally diverse group of students?
• What can I myself learn from the international classroom?
After the workshop you should be able to:
• Discuss cultural aspects of teaching and learning from different perspectives.
• Propose ways of teaching that promote participation and collaboration.
• Redesign learning activities to help students develop global competence.
Dra. Karla Pfützenreuter, TU Darmstadt Dr. Björn Kjellgren, KTH
Nicole Herzog [email protected]
Registration and more information
Pre-registration is required and is done on the Unite! Metacampus platform. Registration deadline is March 25, 2022.
By following this link you find information on all the trainings offered during spring 2022 and on the last page of the booklet you will find a step-by-step guide for the registration.
The activities – webinars, courses and training events – are run by pedagogical experts from the partner universities and are free of charge for the Unite! community. All “Unite! Teaching and Learning” activities are in English. Some of the activities will award credits.