Aalto Double Degree Day 22.11.22
International double degree programmes are two-year Master's programmes, organised jointly by two or more higher education institutions in different countries. In these programmes, you study at least two universities and graduate from both. You can study, for example, one year at a European partner university and the other at Aalto, and graduate with two Master's degrees. Aalto University has double degree agreements with universities in over ten European countries.
Double Degree Day offers students the opportunity to:
- map Master's programmes in your field that prepare you for an international career
- weigh the personal benefits of a double or even triple degree
- learn more about partner universities and countries
- hear experiences from current students
Double Degree Day is also a chance for the University staff to learn more about our partner Universities, international collaboration and the benefits of international joint programmes. Both academic and non-academic staff are warmly welcomed!
10 AM – 2 PM Roam the Lobby
Otakaari 1, ground floor lobby
Wander freely in the lobby of the Undergraduate Center, stop at the stands, meet the programme's staff and students, participate in the raffle and enjoy the international buzz! Three Interrail/Eurail gift cards worth 75 € will be drawn among the participants of the event!
10 AM – 12 PM and 1:30 PM - 2 PM Pitch the Programme!
Otakaari 1, room Y115
Now let's see how the staff of double degree programmes excel at elevator pitches!
During these 10-minute pitches, you will hear a concise summary and the best aspects of the Master's programme that interests you. Feel free to join and leave when it suits you best.
- 10:00 Master's Programme in Urban Mobility (EIT Urban Mobility) (ENG)
- 10:15 Master's Programme in Manufacturing (EIT Manufacturing) - two tracks: Additive Manufacturing and Zero Defect (ENG)
- 10:30 Master’s Programme in Smart Systems Integrated Solutions (ELEC)
- 10:45 Master's Programme in Communications and Data Science (ELEC)
- 11:00 Master's Programme in Space Science and Technology (ELEC)
- 11:15 Nordic Master Programmes (ENG / CHEM)
- 11:30 European Mining Course (ENG)
- 11:45 Master's Programme in Security and Cloud Computing (SECCLO) (SCI)
- 12:00 Master's Programme in ICT Innovation - EIT Digital Master School (SCI / ELEC)
Break during the Double Degree Panel - join us in lecture hall B!
- 13:30 Master’s Programme in Biological and Chemical Engineering for a Sustainable Bioeconomy (CHEM)
- 13:45 CEMS Master's in International Management MIM (BIZ)
- 14:00 Master’s Programme Advanced Materials for Innovation and Sustainability (EIT Raw Materials) (CHEM)
12:30 - 13:15 Double Degree Talks Panel
Otakaari 1, lecture hall B
What opportunities international networks create for students and the university? Are the double degree students better employed on global job market than other students? What motivates universities to start international double degree programmes? Hear views, participate and build your own opinion during the panel discussion!
Discussing on the myths and truths related to double degree programmes are director of the ICT Innovation Master’s programme Mika Nieminen, head of international affairs at ELEC Anita Bisi, strategic perspective expert and dean of ENG Gary Marquis as well as SELECT double degree alumnus Ajimufti Azhari.