INFO SESSION 27.10.
Are you interested doing a deep-dive into the HealthTech industry and work in a multidisciplinary team of students to solve companies’ innovation challenges and network with people from the industry? Then the HealthTech Linkage (10 ECTS) is for you. This is a program jointly organized by Aalto University, Department of Industrial Engineering and Management and University of Helsinki, Faculty of Medicine that brings together a group of master-level students from diverse backgrounds.
As part of the HealthTech Linkage, you work in teams to tackle innovation challenges with companies or organizations in the fields of healthcare services, pharma and medical device technologies. You will also take part in social activities and visits to companies. The program will be an intensive but highly rewarding experience. It is piloted and organized for the first time in spring 2022.
Intake is limited to 16 students. The application deadline is 15th of November and selected participants will be notified by early December. The program starts in mid-January and runs until mid-April.
We select students based on the following criteria:
- prior studies (please submit a transcript of study records for both your bachelor and current master’s studies)
- motivation: why you want to take part in the program (please submit a motivation letter, see below)
- diversity: we want to have a good mix of students from different backgrounds
As part of the application, please submit a motivation letter of max. 500 words, which answers the following three questions:
- What relevant experience do you have, also outside of academic studies?
- What do you hope to learn and get out of the course?
- What specific domain in the HealthTech field are you particularly interested in and why?
Please submit your application documents via email to [email protected]
We will announce company partners as soon as we have them confirmed.
We start with a kick-off in mid-January. We will then have weekly meetings on Tuesday afternoons 14-18, starting 18th of January and until 12th of April (we might skip a few of these). In addition, there will also be excursions, company visits and evening activities, where you will get to know companies, organizations and individuals from the field. These are also core part of the program and thus attendance is in principle mandatory.
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to [email protected]