Experimental Design project
- explorative research project, experimental teaching methods, rethinking
- working with factory waiste, rethinking glass as a material, plastic waites and recycling, new concepts that show new directions to the partner.
- process driven, seeking new ways, like a small innovation/experimental lab
- the whole group focuses on the same topic through out the course/project.
- themes are jointly decided, the learning outcomes
The project seeks partners who ...
- Topics relate to radical experimentation and prototyping e.g. with vairious materials highlighting real-life challenges and interests of partners and reflect academic learning objectives.
- The project utilises Aalto University's various techonologies and studios. While the project includes hands-on making, the real-life case can be immaterial kind.
- Partner negotiations kick off annually in Autumn and the actual project is executed in Spring.
Students: 6-16 Masters level students
One case per project
Requires formalised agreement
Partner fee 10.000€
Separate IPR redeem policy
Experimental Design Projects
Some pics of previous student work in project with Coca-Cola, Fiskars and Finavia.